Scanned text contains errors.
ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS FROM THE GREEK 117
9. ®«o<£pa<rTov XapaKTijpes. The Characters of Theophrastus. An English translation by Richard Claverhouse Jebb. 1870. 8° American Reprint: New York, 1870.
10. On Winds and Weather Signs. Translated with introduc-tion, notes, and appendix by James George Wood. Edited by George James Symons. 1894.
11. The Characters of Theophrastus, The Mimes of Herodas, The Tablet of Kebes. Translated with an Introduction by R. Thomson Clark. 1909. 12° [New Universal Library]
American Reprint: [_New Universal Library^ New York, 1913.
12. Characters. Translated by J. E. Sandys. 1909. 8°
13. Enquiry into plants, and minor works on odours and weather signs. English translation by Sir Arthur Hart. 1916. 18° [Loeb Classical Library]
American Reprint: [Loe6] New York, 1916.
1. Characters of Theophrastus; translated by C. E. Bennett and W. A. Hammond. New York. 1902.
1. The hystory writtone by Thucidies the Athenyan of the warre, whiche was betwene the Peloponesians and the Athenyans, translated oute of Frenche into the Englysh language by Thomas Nicholls Citezine and Goldesmyth of London. [No place] 1550. Fol. BL
2. Eight Bookes Of the Peloponnesian warre Written by Thucydides the sonne of Olorus. Interpreted with Faith and Diligence Immediately out of the Greeke By Thomas Hobbes Sectretary to ye late Earle of Deuonshire. 1629. Fol.
Reprinted: 1634; 1676; 1723; 1812; 1822; 1824; 1841; 2-vol., 1843.
3. The Plague of Athens which happened in the year of the Peloponesian warr, First described in Greek by Thucidides, then